Friday, July 20, 2007

A couple of new home accents

A painting to hang above our bookshelf... I think the whole project cost about $2 :)

This chair was in my bathroom growing up. Its an heirloom from my great-grandmother.


"Necessity is the mother of all invention"....

I didn't have enough fabric left for the chair recovering, so my darling husband had the idea to combine them again. And he helped staple the fabric onto the seat... because I'm terrified of the staple gun. So that's what I've been up to :)

5 comments:

Mackenzie said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely! My sweety peeked over my shoulder and commented on the "nice chair". :) What do you paint on? Is it just a canvas and acrylics? I like how you've made several that go together!

Sommer said...

I love the plaque...so sweet! And the chair is just so very lovely. How wonderful that you were able to make it work with the decor!

Serena said...

What a lovely chair! It's so special to have something about that's been around you your whole life!

Trina said...

the fabric complements the scrolling metal of the chair so well - the effect is very classy!

Lauren Christine said...

Hey Tilly ! I paint on those very inexpensive flat canvasses that come 3 to a package. They are marked down at Hobby Lobby right now. And I use craft paint... the little squatty tubes, that are also marked down to 87 cents a color. Can't beat that! Thanks everyone for the sweet comments :)

 

Made by Lena