Monday, October 22, 2007

Over the weekend we went to see some of our family in Abilene, Texas. It was so much fun! On my aunt and uncle's farm they have about 25 guinea fowl, which are the loudest birds in the whole world I think. My Aunt Mici asked me to try and "herd" them into their pen for the night... and this is a video of this city girl trying to move guineas by feeding them millet.
(My momma is narrating)


Allright, I've finally got the hang of it! :)


And now they are safe and sound in their cage!

6 comments:

Heather said...

Oh Lauren, I wish I could get my dial-up connection to work better so I could watch the video! Looks like fun though. :)

Jen said...

Great videos! I've never actually seen guinea fowl before. They are quite pretty. :) Herding them looks like a challenge! My only herding experience was with 3 llamas in slushy snow when I worked at a greenhouse one year. It didn't go as well as your fowl herding! :)

Emily said...

How funny. Looks like you were having a good time. And what a fine job you did.

Rebecca said...

I bet that's a lot harder than it looks!!!

Anonymous said...

HILARIOUS! We had guineas in Ghana when I was growing up, people would give them to us as gifts. I can testify that they are the loudest birds on the planet. Especially since they wake up squawking at about 5 in the morning.

Heather said...

Hey there! I just joined the S&S forum, as you saw. :) I was wondering if you could please give me a tip ~ how do you put a picture up with your forum profile, to show on the right side when you post a comment? Thanks a bunch Lauren!

 

Made by Lena