Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Jumping Spiders



Recently, I've been noticing either two jumping spiders in our apartment... or one very busy, very mobile jumping spider. I was reluctant to kill him, because he seemed so happily innocent and small. Also... my great grandmother used to say a spider in the house was good luck (I definitely don't believe in luck... but I always remember her saying that) :)
So I decided I would google said spider, and find out if he posed any threat. Turns out jumping spiders don't bite people unless you corner them or handle them. I'm most certainly not planning on either. And, they eat way bigger bugs. I don't know about you- but I'd much rather have a itty bitty spider than... well, any other kind of bug, especially any bugs that fly. So for now, mr. spider and I will live in harmony. He'll take care of any bigger bugs, and I'll do my best to stay out of his way!

6 comments:

Mackenzie said...

oh dear...I am absolutely terrified of spiders...and the jumping ones are the worst! :( Esp. 'cause around here...what starts out as a small jumping spider rapidly turns into a large jumping spider...which is perhaps the single most terrifying thing in the known universe. So...um...I suppose I'm glad your happy. :)

Serena said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEK! My fear of spiders is crippling. I've come to terms with daddy-long-legs, but since they're technically not spiders, I suppose that doesn't count. But they LOOK like spiders.

Emily said...

Well aren't you brave and awfully considerate. : ) I'm not too fond of spiders or any insects really. Keep us posted on his residency.

Sommer said...

Oh, icky! That just gives me the creeps and I didn't even see a picture! The fact that it is a JUMPING spider alone, would cause me to call in the big guns...my hubby:-)
Yes, I know it might kill other bugs...but I think I'd rather the other bugs to a spider!
Let us know if you change your mind:-) Or if your really brave...take a pic of it and let us know what your friend looks like:-)

Heather said...

You are a braver woman than I! No spider lasts very long in our house. I call in my knight-in-shining-armor hubby and all is well again! :)

Mrs. Anna T said...

I don't mind spiders at all, as long as we aren't talking about the big hairy ones... now cockroaches is something else... they terrify me! :)

 

Made by Lena