Monday, December 3, 2007

Oh Christmas Tree....


"the people dwelling in darkness
have seen a great light,
and for those dwelling in the region and shadow of death,
on them a light has dawned."
Matthew 4:16



Colin's grandparents VERY kindly gave us their Christmas tree!! It has lit up (tee hee) our apartment with Christmas cheer.


We couldn't hang our stockings on a fireplace... so I painted one :) They hang on the wall next to the tree!


And of course... the snowman forest. I was thinking of putting a feather boa around the bottom to be "snow", but I think that might be too tempting for a certain furry friend of mine.



I'll try to have the tutorial up in a few days for the skirt!

6 comments:

Serena said...

I LOVE your fireplace! And your tree looks lovely!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love to decorate for the holidays.

I remember our first Christmas tree. We were in an apartment too and could not have a "real" tree. We couldn't afford to buy one so we borrowed my dh's parents old one (read ancient) and it was so big it took up the whole tiny apartment.

We would laugh because there was so much space between each branch and we had about 10 oranaments on it. At least we had lots of lights...be borrowed those too! Fun memories...cherish these things in your heart!

Merry Christmas!

Amy said...

Oh, Lauren, your snowmen are so CUTE! I love them!

Emily said...

How lovely. I love the fireplace.

Mackenzie said...

oh it all looks so wonderful! :) I just put lights on our tree yesterday (we got it Sunday)...it's so much fun! Jenny is convinced that there are "stars" on our tree and house now. :-p isn't that cute??? I love your snow men too!!

Julia Marie said...

OH, your decorations are SO cute!

 

Made by Lena