Sunday, December 9, 2007

Happy 6 Months!


This may seem like a small occasion to most. But to a girl who looks forward to even the tiniest holidays (read: Happy 1 week anniversary! Happy 1 month anniversary!) this seems like a real accomplishment. I thought I'd do a little post on my top ten things about being married. Tee hee.

1. Being woken up by a person every morning, not an alarm clock. This is fantastic for me, but not always that great for sweet hubby, who learned quickly that I'm just not a morning person. In fact... I'm not really a person at all until I have a warm cup of coffee in my hand.
2. Brushing my teeth with someone. As you can tell... its the little things. And we have two sinks. Neat.
3. Laughing with my hubby. He's just so funny.
4. Being able to gaze into his beautiful blue eyes. Ah, so charming he is.
5. Reading the Bible together at night before we go to bed. It's my favorite part of the day.
6. The fact that he puts up with my more than slightly 'granola' and crafty self. I try not to go too crazy with that stuff... but well, you know.
7. Really getting to know him. You really just can't truly know a person until you live with them. No matter how much you talk on the phone before!
8. Realizing what an amazing man he is. Strong, courageous, forgiving, protective, smart, and so good at loving his very imperfect wife.
9. Watching him grow spiritually.
10. Knowing that you married a man that someday, Lord willing, will be an wonderful father. They just don't make men like my hubby anymore :)

17 comments:

Lisa said...

Happy 6 Month Anniversary. May God continue to bless your marriage and help the two of you grow closer together as you grow closer to Him.

Summer

Sommer said...

I thought this was one of the sweetest posts ever!
Happy 6 month Anniversary! May your marraige continue to be blessed.

Lots of love,
Sommer

Jen said...

Yay! Congratulations to you and your hubby. :)

Jodi said...

This is so sweet! Happy 6 month Anniversary!
I will be married 6 years in February and in my experience, it just gets better and better.
I pray God will continue to bless the two of you.

Becky said...

This was so cute to read. My hubby and I will be married 4 years this July....it is so adorable to read your "little" things and to have it remind us of things too. Congratulations and may you both be blessed for many, many, many more months to come....

Janna said...

Congratulations! May your love grown stronger every day. :)

The Trent Family said...

Awwwww! How wonderful! Happy 6 month anniversary! May you have many more blessed years with your hubby. :)

~Alli

Elizabeth said...

Happy Six Months!

I wish you all the joy in the world and all of Gods blessings and many years of patience.

Mackenzie said...

How exciting! Happy 6 months!! I hope the next 6 are even better. :)

OCM said...

Happy 6 months. :D

Laura said...

Congratulations! May your marriage be richly blessed. :)

Sara N. Smith said...

A six month anniversary is something very special!!! May the Lord continue to bless you both; and may each day be even more glorious than the last!

Serena said...

I just grinned through this whole post. Though, I did slightly wonder how you brush your teeth together--the two sinks makes it workable! (My husband and I would be constantly bumping elbows--or, rather, *I* would be constantly bumping him with my elbows! Clumsy me!)

Happy Six Month Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

You are so very sweet. I love you.

- CFM

Emily said...

How precious. Congratulations. On my 6 month anniversary I was a little less than 6 months pregnant. : ) So I imagine yours anniversary was a little more enjoyable than mine. I pray the Lord continues to bless you both.

Katie said...

Happy Anniversary! That was a very sweet post.

Anonymous said...

How sweet. Thanks for posting that. It makes me want to get married. :)

 

Made by Lena