Thursday, February 21, 2008

Home made Scarf!



Store scarves are always pretty... and always pricey. I found a bit of pretty sheer fabric in the "remnants" bin at JoAnn's this week. I didn't know what I was going to use it for... but it was a dollar. How could I resist? The Lord provides for us always, even in the smallest of things. I realized tonight it would make a lovely scarf!

I wanted to finish the edges, but not lose the "floatiness" of the scarf. I thought about a ribbon edge, but I was afraid that might stiffen it and make it stick up funny. After searching the archives of my sewing forum, I found that you could just zig-zag the edges. I love how it turned out! Ready for church on Sunday. (Ignore the purple ribbon in my hair and the funny angle... this is the best I could do with a self-portrait since hubby is working late!)

5 comments:

~ Shannon said...

Adorable! It's perfect for a scarf. Isn't it wonderful when you find a piece of material that you know was just meant for you?

Yours in Christ,
Shannon

Kaitlyn Michelle said...

Very cute - it really looks like you bought it all ready made at a store!

Sommer said...

So pretty! Now, where is that remnants bin at Joann's?! I have yet to find it:-0

Lots of love,
Sommer

Kelly said...

I have scarf fabric from the remnant bin at JoAnn's. Mine never made it into scarf form! I need to shop at your JoAnn's I guess!

Serena said...

It's so pretty! I love the pattern!

 

Made by Lena