Monday, May 5, 2008

He hath made every thing beautiful in his time....

I am very much enjoying the happy blooming of our balcony flowers. This lovely earring plant had a very rough winter... it got a little frozen, and what was left kitty ate until it was just a brown stick in a pot. I thought I would have to throw it away. Can you believe how it has come back to life? A little like Lazarus, I think...



And here is "The Lemon". Now it has five wee competitors, but it's still the biggest by far!



A gift from my momma, pretty pink impatiens.



The beginnings of a pretty passion flower vine, started by my brother.



Now, to keep all these plants happy takes quite a bit of water. I was telling my momma how I was making several trips back and forth from the kitchen with my coffee pot (biggest container I owned!) to water all of them, so she brought me an old vinegar container so I would only have to make one trip :)

I then decided a little decoration was in order. A bit of fabric left over from the window treatments and chairs, a little more puff paint, and Ta Da! I now water in style. What a fun free project.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lauren, I have an award for you! Please stop by my blog for details!

I had a plant like that last summer: I thought for sure it had lived it's best days, but it was quite a determined little thing and kept giving me beautiful red blooms well into the fall. Isn't God's creation just amazing?

I love your flowers, especially the impatiens, because it's pink! ;) I too have a porch full of flowers (violets and pansies), with wildflower and cherry tomato seeds yet to be planted. I just got a strawberry growing kit too, and I can't wait for our own sweet berries!

You never cease to amaze me with all your cute and crafty ideas. You have a gift! Hope you have a great week Lauren. Love, H

~ Shannon said...

What lovely flowers! And passion vine is just gorgeous -- what an exotic flower. Isn't the Lord good to give us such beauty?

Yours in Christ,
Shannon

Sarah said...

Your flowers are just lovely! And what a good idea for a watering an. :) I have a little pink bleeding heart here that needs some watering. . .

Mandy said...

What beautiful flowers!! I have always wanted to grow flowers either in a garden or flower pots. Unfortunately, my few attempts have proved very unsuccessful! :(

Sommer said...

Your porch must be so lovely! I have tried to grow lovely things to but, alas, I am rather lousy at it. Of course, I have to blame myself for not working hard enough at it.

I love the watering can..how resourceful you are:-)

Lauren said...

I love your plants :-) What a beautiful porch you have. I love marveling at God's glorious creation, even the smalled plant and flower.

 

Made by Lena