Friday, November 2, 2007

Mmmmm... lime pie!


Tonight I made us a special treat..... Lime pie. Mmmm, this is certainly a favorite of mine and my husband. The recipe is very simple, and if you had an electric juicer, would take you no time at all. For those of us without though... a spoon works just fine! And there is something to be said for doing things the old fashioned way. I had a lovely time squeezing my limes with my baby kitty curled up at my feet, purring away.

Crust:
1 1/4 cups crushed graham cracker (or buy the crumbs)
1/3 cup butter
3 hearty tablespoons sugar

Melt the butter, mix, and line your pie pan. Cook at 350 for 8 minutes.

1 cup lime juice (Don't buy the already juiced kind. Trust me, its no where near as good)
This usually takes approximately from 8 to 13 limes, depending on how juicy they are. I pound mine a bit and roll them first to make them easier to squeeze.
2 cans sweetened condensed milk

Let the crust cool, and pour in the very well mixed filling. Chill for at least 5 to 6 hours in the fridge (or if your in a hurry- a bit of time in the freezer speeds things up)

I usually dye mine green... That's what my momma always did :)
In my period of teenage rebellion (haw haw) I dyed mine pink and blue for a while. For some reason though, its very odd eating blue lime pie... :)

8 comments:

Katie said...

YUMMY!!!

Mackenzie said...

That sounds so good! Eat a piece for me!! :)

Sara N. Smith said...

Happy Novemeber! :)
The lime pie sounds good....thanks for sharing the recipe!
Blessings!

Serena said...

Pink and blue lime pies?! You rebel! This sounds delicious and wonderfully simple! I lovelove lime pie!

Emily said...

Oh that sounds so tasty. I can't wait to try it.

Heather said...

Sounds so yummy! Thanks for sharing! :)

Heather said...

I'm going to be adding a blogroll to my new page. May I add you? :)

Family W said...

It sounds great. Is this the same as Key Lime pie?

 

Made by Lena