Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Back from the Beach!


We have returned. It was a wonderful trip! I am very thankful we were able to go, even though my husband had to come back early to work. We saw tons of teeny tiny frogs, several dolphins, and even a big storm on the beach. Tragically, I didn't take any pictures! This is one of TWO I took with us in it- and it's terribly unflattering. Well, I still put it up :) I was able to get alot of knitting done- I'm almost there! Just one more skein to go! (On a side note... how is that word pronounced??) Also, I learned it is possible to climb a ladder- on a moving boat- at night- in an ankle length skirt. Tee hee.

7 comments:

Natalie said...

Glad you two had a good time! We're going to the beach later in the fall with Allen's folks, and I can't wait!

On a side note, you've inspired me to knit my own shawl after I finish up one other project.

Sara N. Smith said...

Thank you so much for your comment on my blog! I appreciate it!
As I was looking at your profile, it seems like we have so much in common...it is so refreshing and encouraging to get to know other sisters in the Lord who so desire to please their Lord in all areas of their life!
Blessings to you! I will have to add your site to my favorites!
If you ever have a chance, please drop a note: encorepiano@verizon.net

Sommer said...

Welcome back! Sounds like you had a fun time:-)

Oh, and skein is pronounced(as far as I know..haven't been told otherwise;-p)... "skane" .

OCM said...

Oh, I think it is a nice picture! :)
I wish I knew how to knit... I've tried to teach myself from books, but it's always been a frustrating thing. I can crochet, but it seems like if I got the hang of knitting it would be much quicker.

Mackenzie said...

Well, wikipedia wasn't the most helpful, but it would apear that the word is said skeen (I'm guessing just a bit based on the words they say rhyme with it...like bean and clean)...now we both know!! I can't wait to see pictures of what you've made with your skeins. ;-)

Laura said...

Sounds like fun! I'll throw in my vote for "SKANE." :) That's how I've always pronounced it, and heard it pronounced by others.

Heather said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time! What a cute picture! I am in the process of changing my blog ~ you are welcome to stop by anytime! I enjoy your posts - we seem to share many of the same interests! God bless. :)

 

Made by Lena