Monday, April 21, 2008

What Fun

We went camping this weekend, and had such a great time. Here I am trying to be a "Real Prairie Muffin" (according to my husband) and set up the tent on my own.

A little help from the hubby, and we're ready to go! Its a small tent, but just right for the two of us.


Hubby surveying the dam.


Foil dinners don't look yummy in a picture, but they taste FANtastic!


Beautiful view!




We dressed our friend up as Eve in the Garden.





I barely made it across the river, but hubby caught me before I fell.

It was a wonderful trip, and such a blessing to get away from all the hustle and bustle for a few days. It's great to be outside of cell service and away from the laptops for a while, just listening to the birds sing as you wake up to the sunshine filtering through the trees. Of course, nothing like being a maiden sleeping sound on the dank and dirty ground* will make you appreciate your wonderfully soft bed.

*I admit, I borrowed that from Shakespeare. :)

11 comments:

The Lavins said...

looks like you both had a wonderful time! I'm so glad you got to get away. :)
hugs, Jennifer

Sommer said...

What fun Lauren! Jeez, hubby and I haven't been camping or backpacking since Fiona was 1 or 2 years old! We really must do it soon!

Thanks for the sweet comments about the nightie! :-)

Lots of love,
Sommer

Serena said...

Looks like a lot of fun! What a cute outfit you're wearing. I'm going to keep my eye out for a dress like that to wear like that.

Natalie_S said...

That is not a small tent. That is a tiny tent. You would laugh to see the great big thing Allen and I carry around with us.

Love the dress you're wearing. So much more feminine than you usually see around campgrounds.

Maiden of the King said...

I'm so glad that you had such a lovely weekend with your husband! It looks like you had a great time!

Yours in Christ,
Shannon

Amy said...

It looks like you're having so much fun! I love your outfit - so cute!

Great job setting up the tent - Way to go, Prairie Muffin!

Lauren said...

Sounds like fun! I like the dress idea, too. Great way to make jeans okay.

Keri said...

That looks like fun! I love going camping. Camp food seems to taste so much better - especially bacon first thing in the morning (if you are a vegetarian, ignore that!)

Heather said...

Hi Lauren! Looks like a fun trip! I enjoyed getting caught up with you by reading some of your past entries. It's been quite a while since I've commented!

I'm glad you got your hubby back again! :) I hope to be visiting everyone's blog on a more regular basis. Praying you are well! Blessings ~ Heather

Lauren said...

What a wonderful weekend. Thank you for the comment on my blog :-) It's nice to "meet" you :-) God Bless!

Lauren

simplysanctified said...

Look like you had a great time - how special!

 

Made by Lena