Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Why World's Best Cat Litter should actually be called...


World's Worst Cat Litter.





Maybe I was taken in by the fact that it was "natural" and "good for the environment". But mostly I was excited about the claim that it wouldn't track (yay! No more crunchy kitty litter on the bathroom floor!) and that it wouldn't poof. Supposedly also it would not be smelly... and it was flushable! Well, I was sold. I bought a bag, joyfully pondering my new litter, picturing myself happily flushing away.

Two weeks later, the honeymoon is over. World's Best is actually World's Worst. Here I list my grievances, to protect other cat owners from wasting money, and also to make myself feel the whole experience wasn't for naught.

1) Not track-able... should read... "Less track-able" at best.
2) Flushable. Sounds good at first. Really what this means is, "You used to clean your litter box every 2 to 3 days. Now you'll get to clean it 3 to 4 times PER day!"
3) Stinky. This should be on the box. Now... I'm not just talking about odor control. The actual litter, sans kitty surprises, is seriously stinky.
4) Your cat will hate it, and strike against the litter box. Enough said.

Alright, now I feel better.

And tomorrow, I'm going back to my old friend Fresh Step. I guess the "Fragrance Free" kind will have to be the most natural we go...
:)

5 comments:

Leanna said...

Thanks for the heads up - I won't waste my money trying it.

Great blog btw. . .

Anonymous said...

Just as an FYI - you're also better off not flushing any litter - it polutes the water source (oh the random things you learn when you work for the Water District). We put a kitchen mat under the box and that seems to work pretty well containing the litter.

Mackenzie said...

Good to know! We just use sand for our kitties right now, with some of the arm & hammer kitty litter smell(y) stuff. We're lucky though, 'cause they're outside...we just don't want them digging up our garden or going in the sandbox!

And yes, I did get my letter last night...I'm wearing my new scarf today (LOVE IT), and I can't wait to write you back!

emme said...

Oh, how funny! Thankfully, we only have outdoor kitties, so we don't have to worry about this problem...:)

Sarah said...

I used litter for the first six months of my darling babies lives (kitties, not *real* children) :) and then they became potty trained to go outside when the first real baby arrived. . .I used sand too, back when they had litter. It was cheap, sometimes free, and they loved using it! :)

 

Made by Lena